CASPER CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Driving is a necessity in Casper, but it always comes with the risk of an accident. Each year, Casper sees hundreds of car wrecks, which badly injure drivers and passengers. These victims face weeks or even years of painful injuries and uncertainty about how they will pay their bills.
Fortunately, help is available to those who need it. Freeburg Law, LLC has represented many accident victims in Casper, Wyoming after injury in a car crash. Our skilled attorneys can analyze fault, negotiate a settlement, or even file a lawsuit in court—all to protect your rights to compensation.
Proving Fault for an Accident
The key to receiving compensation is showing that another driver was at fault for your accident. Motorists are usually at fault when they failed to use reasonable care while driving. Some examples include:
- Driving while distracted
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting and driving
- Running a red light
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to yield
- Failing to follow the rules of the road
If you can prove a driver was negligent, you can file a claim with their insurance provider. Wyoming requires that all drivers carry insurance precisely for moments like these.
Other Parties at Fault
Some accidents aren’t caused by a negligent motorist but instead by some other person or entity. For example, some crashes are due to a road defect, like debris in the road or missing stop signs. In other cases, a defect with the car might lead to a crash, as when brakes fail or a tire explodes and the driver loses control of the car.
At Freeburg Law, we carefully review everything you know about your case. We then use our knowledge to identify all possible parties at fault so that we can hold them legally accountable. If a non-driver is to blame, we can usually sue them for negligence and/or negotiate a settlement with them.
Possible Compensation for a Casper Car Accident
You can usually make a claim for compensation to cover all out-of-pocket expenses, as well as other losses caused by the crash. Many people request money to cover:
- The cost of medical care to treat their injuries. This care can consist of ambulance transportation, surgery, diagnostic tests, doctor visits, specialist appointments, rehabilitation, mental health counseling, and prescription drugs.
- The amount of income they lost because they could not work after an accident. If a person is permanently disabled, they might qualify for loss of future income.
- The cost of car repairs, as well as the cost to fix damage to other property.
- Pain and suffering. Car accidents are very disruptive, and these harder-to-define losses deserve some sort of compensation.
The amount of compensation our clients receive will depend on the seriousness of their injuries and other factors. Although someone with major injuries might request a six- or seven-figure settlement, others will receive less. An attorney can review how much you might be eligible to receive in a consultation.
Do You Really Need a Casper Car Accident Lawyer?
If your accident only involved damage to your vehicle, then you might negotiate a fair settlement without any outside help. However, anyone with bodily injuries would benefit from at least meeting with a lawyer to find out what services they provide.
In our experience, few accident victims fully appreciate the full value of a bodily injury claim. They usually think their claim is worth less than what we end up getting them.
If you hire us, our legal team can quickly begin building a case for compensation. We might interview witnesses or review the police report. If you contact us soon enough, we can even visit the accident scene and search for helpful information.
Our lawyers can handle all communications and settlement negotiations. This frees you to focus on rehabbing your injuries and readjusting to life again. With this heavy weight lifted from your shoulder, you might recover even faster and return to work so you can keep your job.
Mistakes to Avoid Following a Casper Car Accident
Over the past decade, we have met with many men and women who made critical errors in the weeks following a car accident. These errors didn’t prevent them from receiving compensation. But these mistakes did make negotiating a favorable claim that much harder:
- Don’t forget to swap insurance information and call the police. These are necessary steps to take. A police report, in particular, helps show when and where the crash took place.
- Don’t forget to take pictures of all cars involved in the accident. These pictures can help establish fault for the crash, which aids in making an insurance claim.
- Never give a recorded statement to an insurer without your attorney present. Insurers might be searching for information to use against you in settlement talks. An attorney can help clear up any confusing questions and clarify your answers.
- Avoid agreeing to a settlement without having your lawyer review. The first offer is rarely the best available. An attorney can advise you whether to reject the offer and continue to negotiate.
If you follow these steps, you strengthen your car accident claim considerably. Freeburg Law has other advice we can share with anyone who reaches out to us to discuss their car accident.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Casper Car Accident Lawyer
Freeburg Law is a one-stop shop that can handle all your legal needs following a car accident. Our lawyers learned how to advocate for clients by rolling up their sleeves and handling personal injury lawsuits like yours. We are familiar with all the tricks insurance companies rely on to deny valid claims.
Contact our law firm today. We will meet for a complimentary consultation to go over your accident and discuss your legal options, including whether you should bring a lawsuit in court.