JACKSON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Injured in a Car Crash in Wyoming? Call Freeburg Law for a Free Case Evaluation
At Freeburg Law, our Jackson car accident attorneys help injured victims get justice and full financial support that they need to put their life back together. We have what it takes to hold negligent drivers, negligent truck companies, and large insurance providers accountable. If you or someone you know was hurt in a car crash, we are ready to get started on the case right away. To set up a free, fully confidential consultation with an experienced Wyoming car accident attorney, please do not hesitate to contact our Jackson law office today.
Motor Vehicle Accidents are a Leading Cause of Serious Injuries
Car crashes remain a serious public safety concern in Jackson Hole and throughout all of Wyoming. Even safe and careful drivers are at risk of being involved in a major crash. According to data found within the Wyoming Report on Traffic Crashes 2020, there were 13,161 crashes reported in the state in 2020 alone. There were 473 motor vehicle collisions in Teton County. Statewide approximately 2,256 of these accidents resulted in significant injuries and 112 resulted in a fatality.find out if you have case
Your Guide to the Wyoming Car Accident Laws
Please download Your Guide to Wyoming Car Wrecks for a detailed overview of car wrecks.
The immediate aftermath of a serious traffic collision is invariably stressful and confusing. There can be chaos. It is crucial that you know how to protect your legal rights and financial interests. You should always get immediate medical attention for any car accident injuries. Once this situation has stabilized, you can pursue a claim to get compensation. Here are four things to know about car accident laws in Wyoming:
- Serious Crashes Should Be Reported to Law Enforcement: In Wyoming, drivers have a legal duty to report most serious car crashes to law enforcement. Under Wyoming Statutes § 31-5-1105, a collision should be reported to the police if there was more than $1,000 in total property damage or any injuries that require medical attention. Make sure that a crash is reported. If you were not at fault for the accident, it is especially important to ensure that an officer writes an official collision report. Failure to report an accident could cause issues.
- Wyoming is a Fault-Based Car Accident State: Wyoming is an at-fault car accident jurisdiction. In effect, this means that the party deemed responsible for causing a crash will be liable for the resulting injuries. Liability for an accident is based on negligence. A driver—or other party—who causes a crash due to carelessness or recklessness should be held responsible. All serious car crashes require an exhaustive investigation by an experienced Jackson, WY auto accident lawyer. An attorney will make sure that you have all of the evidence and information you need to prove fault.
- Liability is Based on Modified Comparative Negligence: As Wyoming uses a modified comparative negligence standard for auto accident injury claims, multiple parties can share the liability for the same car accident. Indeed, an injured motorist may even be held partially at fault for their own crash. When this happens, recovery is diminished. For example, imagine you were injured in a multi-vehicle collision in Jackson, Wyoming. In total, you sustained $30,000 in damages. If you were found at fault for 10 percent of the accident, your compensation would be reduced by 10 percent, or $3,000.
- A Four-Year Statute of Limitations for Most Car Crash Injury Claims: You must file any car accident injury claim before the state-mandated deadlines expires. Under Wyoming Statutes § 1-3-105, most auto accident injury claims are regulated by a four year statute of limitations. Though, wrongful death car accident claims are subject to a two year statute of limitations. A proactive approach to the personal injury claims process is always best. Do not wait to get started with your case. Get in touch with a Jackson, WY car accident lawyer as soon as possible after a serious collision.
Maximizing Your Compensation After a Car Crash
In Wyoming, injured auto accident victims have a right to pursue compensation for both economic and intangible damages from the at-fault party. Despite this, getting a full and fair financial settlement from the insurance company is never easy. Insurers are driven to protect their own bottom line—they train their representatives to find ways to settle claims for less. At Freeburg Law, our Jackson car accident lawyers are here to make sure that you get the maximum compensation. Among other types of damages, you may be eligible to recover monetary support for:
- Automobile repairs;
- Ambulance costs;
- Emergency room fees;
- Hospital bills;
- Other medical expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Mental health services;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
You Can Rely On the Jackson Car Accident Attorneys at Freeburg Law
Car accident injury claims are complicated. You do not have to go up against the big insurance companies all alone. At Freeburg Law, we are with our clients every step of the way—helping them navigate the process so that they are in the best position to get justice and compensation. When you call our Jackson law office, you speak to a Wyoming car accident lawyer who can:
- Answer questions and explain the auto accident claims process during a free consultation;
- Thoroughly investigate your car accident injury case—securing all of the evidence;
- Handle the legal paperwork and represent you before the insurance company; and
- Devise a strategy focused on getting you justice and full financial compensation.
Call Our Jackson Auto Accident Attorney for Immediate Assistance
At Freeburg Law, our Jackson car accident lawyer has the skill and legal experience that you can count on. We know how to get results. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motor vehicle collision, we are here to help you get justice. Contact our law firm today for a free, no obligation review of your case. With an office in Jackson, we represent car accident victims in Teton County and throughout the surrounding communities in Jackson Hole Valley.